The 3 Secret Money-Making Weapons of the World's Greatest Marketing Geniuses
What do David Ogilvy, John Caples, Gene Schwartz, Gary Bencivenga, Clayton Makepeace, Bill Bonner, Joe Vitale, Rich Scheffren, and Dan Kennedy all have in common?
They ALL used these 3 bombshell marketing secrets to boost response rates – and sales -- 50% ... 100% ... even 300% or more – at virtually NO cost to their businesses or their clients!
Many of the top copywriters and marketers in the world are my close, personal friends ... and now I'm afraid they're going to want to kill me.
Because right here, on this page, I'm letting 3 of their most valuable marketing secrets out of the bag – and into your eagerly awaiting hands!
I stole these secrets, years ago, from the geniuses I've named in my headline above ... and others of their caliber.
Folks like Herschell Gordon Lewis ... Gary Halbert ... Tom Collins ... Denny Hatch ... Ed McLean ... Don Libey ... the list goes on and on.
Putting my own twists and spins on their basic techniques, I've watched response rates ... and revenues ... shoot through the roof for me and my clients:
- For a car rental company, we increased gross revenues from their direct mail program tenfold using one of these secrets ... without increasing mailing costs one thin dime. No other car rental before or since has done anything like it!
- A seller of mainframe software used the secret and changed just one word in his sales letter. It wasn't even in the headline or lead. But this single word changed sold 15% more copies of his $8,000 software package.
- On my advice, the publisher of an expensive information product used an unusual variation of one of these secret techniques: he moved the description of his premium from the end of his sales letter to the lead, and also featured it on the outer envelope. Response rates – and sales – promptly doubled.
For decades, I've charged clients $5,000 to $10,000 or more per project to boost their response rates using one or more of these secrets,
Now, I'm letting the cat out of the bag – and for a very simple reason....
In today's competitive marketplace, you need every advantage you can get to gain – and keep – an edge over your competitors.
I know the 3 "stolen" marketing secrets I've purloined from the world's top marketing geniuses work like gangbusters for them ... for me ... and for all our clients.
And there's no reason you shouldn't have the same advantages we do. After all, WE didn't invent these marketing techniques either.
We learned them from our mentors, who were generous enough to pass them on to us. And now, it's our turn to do the same for you....
Stolen Marketing Secret #1:
Make Your Response Rates Pop with the Right Premium.
I call this new audio program POP Marketing, because "POP" is an acronym for the 3 power-packed response boosters you'll discover when you take this course.
The first "P" in "POP" stands for premium. A "premium," as I'm sure you know, is a free gift you offer as an incentive to prospects for placing an order or making in inquiry about your product or service.
And the "secret" of the first "P" is fairly simple: just by offering the right premium, you can – at little or no extra cost – DOUBLE the response rate to your promotions or more!
In our segment on PREMIUMS, you will discover:
- The 2 types of premiums you can offer – and which generates the greatest response at the lowest cost.
- How to give prospects enormously valuable premiums that don't cost you a dime to produce.
- The 4 characteristics of a successful premium ... and how to find premiums that rate high in each.
- How to tell the difference between a great premium and a terrible premium ... one doomed to failure – without even testing it.
- The $1 premium that increased response rates to a mailing inviting doctors to a medical symposium sixfold.
- Do premiums ALWAYS lift response rates? The answer may shock you.
- Why more marketers don't use premiums – and why none of their reasons for avoiding premiums make any sense.
- Boosting response rates by tapping into the emotion of guilt. Faith-based nonprofits use this technique all the time to raise money by the truckload.
- Many marketing gurus will tell you this item is a great premium. But it's actually the worst. Offering it can cost you a fortune in lost sales.
- The 5 best "information premiums" for direct marketing ... and how to use them to send your response rates soaring.
- Do sweepstakes still work? The answer may surprise you. Plus: the sweepstakes breakthrough that built Clay Felker's publishing empire.
- Boosting marketing results with a "complete the set" premium. Once commonplace, this powerful technique is nearly forgotten today.
- The most powerful premium for radio advertising ... and the common mistake many advertisers make when offering it.
- How picking a powerful title for their premium helped a conservative magazine get their 800 number ringing off the hook with calls from new subscribers.
Stolen Marketing Secret #2:
Make Them An Offer They Can't Refuse.
The second marketing technique you'll master in POP Marketing is coming up the unique offers that lift your response rates 50% ... 100% ... even 200% or more. Including:
- The two things you absolutely must have for your offer to work.
- What you should always send your prospects when they reply to your offer.
- Which response mechanisms work best – Web, phone, mail, or fax?
- The most important part of the offer (hint: it's NOT what you think).
- Can marketing campaigns work without an offer?
- The 4 basic types of offers -- and when to use each.
- "Cash with order" vs. "bill me" offers – which will work best for you?
- Hard vs. soft offers in lead generation ... and which can generate more inquiries for you.
- The "90/10 submarine" rule for planning lead-generating marketing campaigns.
- An incredibly potent selling technique that not one marketer in 100 uses or even knows about: "negative offers."
- Direct response 101 says you always want to get the prospect to order now instead of later. Here's the one situation in which it pays to violate this "urgency" rule.
- 4 elements of a winning offer ... and how to optimize each.
- The secret of matching the right offer with the right audience. Get this one right, and your success is virtually assured, even if your copy stinks.
- 3 ways to increase response rates with a strong guarantee – and how to avoid the biggest mistakes marketers make when stating their guarantees in writing.
- In the electronic age, can you eliminate order forms and business reply cards -- or do they still lift response rates?
- Optimal number of response mechanisms to include in your promotions. Plus: a lesson learned from Oracle's huge advertising gaffe.
- Does offering a free gift in lead generation result in a lot of worthless inquiries from freebie seekers? Here's what you need to know.
Stolen Marketing Secret #3:
Make Sure the Price is Right.
You may be thinking, "Wait a minute. Price is easy. The lower the price, the more sales I'll make."
Well, you might think that – but, you'd be wrong!
The correct pricing – including the list price, discounts offered, terms, payment plans, and guarantee – can cause an increase in orders up to tenfold vs. the wrong pricing.
And often, the lowest price is NOT the most profitable!
In this segment of POP Marketing, you will discover:
- Isn't price ALWAYS the most important factor in the customer's decision to buy or not buy? Hear the shocking truth. It will change your business forever.
- What customers value even more than a bargain. Give it to them, and you can write your own ticket.
- What to do when your competition starts selling on price and discounting deeply? The answer will stun you – and throw them for an even bigger loop.
- Don Dupree's "drop in the bucket" technique for asking for the order -- and closing more sales.
- Think "free" is the most powerful offer? Wait until you master "the magic of a dollar" technique.
- The most common pricing mistake marketers make – and how to avoid it.
- Understanding "price points" ... prices at which consumer resistance stiffens ... and how to stay under them while still making a hefty margin.
- Does supermarket pricing – e.g., $49 instead of $50 – work for high-end products and costly professional services?
- Which price pulls best -- $47 or $49 or $49.95?
- Little-known secret about the psychology of installment payments overcomes price resistance and generates orders by the boatload.
- Use these devastatingly effective – but perfectly ethical – techniques for increasing sales of high-priced products.
- Get the consumer's credit card number -- even when you're giving away something for free – and even make him happy to give it to you!
- Lowering price resistance with short-term trial offers ... without actually reducing the price.
- Pricing monthly vs. annual subscriptions for online customers: how much of a discount must you give for a year's service?
- Triple average order size with this simple method when selling merchandise via mail order.
- Determining the minimum – and maximum – price you can charge for your products.
- How to be profitable on both front end -- and back end -- sales. Plus: an easy no-brainer for determining front-end price points.
- The "Dawson Strategy" for pricing professional services: maximize your profits without pricing yourself out of the market.
- How to know when it is time to raise your fees ... and when not to.
Make your advertising make more money with POP marketing!
How much does it cost to have me help you improve your marketing results?
Well, you could hire me as a consultant or copywriter to create your marketing campaigns ... though I have time to take on only a few new clients each year.
But the billing starts at $500 an hour, with a 10-hour minimum – and the $5,000 is payable in advance.
A number of companies each year fly me to their headquarters – all expenses paid – to spend a day teaching marketing to their employees.
For a one-day on-site training session for up to 25 trainees, the fee is $5,500.
Others hire me to write their entire mailing piece ... for as much as $10,000 per letter or more.
But with POP Marketing, you won't pay $5,500 or $5,000 or even $100 to get my advice – or learn POP marketing techniques, tips, and principles it took me decades to master.
You can get my post powerful – and effective – POP marketing secrets in this program for only $97. That's less than I charge for just 15 minutes of my time!
And that's what it costs you ONLY if you enjoy – and profit handsomely from – my lectures.
If you don't, the cost is zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada....
Try it risk-free for 90 days
If, after reviewing POP Marketing, you don't agree that the response-boosting secrets on it are worth at least $1,000 to you in increased response rates and orders – more than 10 times the purchase price....
Or you are dissatisfied for any reason ... or for no reason at all ... just return the CDs to me (yes, including the bonus CD; see my P.S. for details) within 90 days.
You'll get a full product refund – no questions asked. That way, you risk nothing.
Listen: if you are a marketer, you need to maximize return on your marketing dollars.
Now, with my POP marketing methods, you can generate a 100% to 200% greater ROI from every marketing campaign you produce.
If you're a copywriter, your clients are depending on you to beat their control. That's tough to do with good writing alone.
You need an edge for beating their copy. With POP marketing, you get 3 such edges: ideas for boosting response through different offers, different premiums, and different price tests.
Suggest even one, and when the test yields breakthrough results, you'll be the hero – and have a loyal client for life.
So what are you waiting for?
To order POP Marketing on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
I guarantee you'll be glad you did ... or your money back.
P.S. Order POP Marketing today and you get a FREE Bonus, The Secret of Making Irresistible Offers.
It's a recording, included on the third CD of the program, of me being interviewed by Jim Blasingame on his Small Business Advocate Radio Show. Topics covered include:
- What Madison Avenue can't teach you about making money with your advertising.
- How to generate a positive ROMD (return on marketing dollars).
- Discover your customer's "core buying complex" with the BDF formula.
- What Alan Funt from Candid Camera can teach you about getting people to do your bidding.
- An easy, sure-fire way to double response rates to all your lead-generating marketing campaigns.
- How to find your true market ... and why your ads should speak only to them.
- And so much more....
To order POP Marketing ... and get your FREE Bonus CD ... just click below now:
Bob is the author of more than 70 books including The Complete Idiot's Guide to Direct Marketing (Alpha), The Copywriter's Handbook (Henry Holt), Business-to-Business Direct Marketing (NTC), and The White Paper Marketing Handbook (Thomson).
He has written hundreds of articles appearing in Subscription Marketing, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer's Digest, Amtrak Express, and many other publications. He writes monthly marketing columns for Early to Rise and DM News.
Bob's writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He also taught writing at New York University.
Bob has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation's Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer. What they say about Bob Bly
"I started down this road of copywriting for direct marketers by purchasing your book. Since then I have made about $50,000 in copywriting fees. I feel a debt of gratitude toward you!”
"I went to Amazon.com and got a copy of Secrets of a Freelance Writer. Wow! ... I loved it! Packed with info. The book had a 'readability' about it that took away all my fears, put me at ease, and made me feel that I wasn't treading on foreign soil. I kept saying to myself, 'I can do that, I can do that!'"
- Ronald J. Rich
"Your books served as a complete reference when I started my own freelance writing business a year and half ago. By following the advice you laid out, I quickly reached goals that I had set for year three of my business within the first year. My philosophy is, if you've written it or recommended it, I want to read it."
- Carla Jahnson
"I own a copy of The Copywriter's Handbook, which is priceless. Thank you for making this information available to those of us on a shoestring."
- Mary Klaebul, Memphis, TN
"I own Secrets of a Freelance Writer: How to Make $85,000 a Year and The Copywriter's Handbook. Both are great. You did a great job of getting to the nitty gritty. I admire and respect what you have done."
- Derek A. Chilcoat
"FYI, you started me off with your tape series on freelance copywriting, and I'm an avid reader of yours."
- Scott T. Smith, Bozeman, MT
"Having read two of your books, Secrets of a Freelance Writer and The Copywriter's Handbook, I am now taking the leap. If not for the strong encouragement of your books, I might not have jumped. Thanks again for the road map that your books offered."
- Eddie Adelman
"I am a great fan and avid reader of your books. When I first started out in this copywriting business nearly ten years ago, your Secrets of a Freelance Writer was my bible (it's so dog-eared, some of the pages are coming apart). You continue to be a great source of inspiration and education."
- John M. Mora, Plainfield, IL
"Thank you for all the books you've written over the years -- I have enjoyed many of them, and profited from what I've learned. I've been reading Become a Recognized Authority in Your Field this past month -- it's helping me really do the things I've always wanted to do."
- Michael Knowles
"I read Write More, Sell More a few years ago and loved it."
- Steve Slaunwhite
"The first time I read your book Secrets of a Freelance Writer I laughed at the fact of picturing myself as a business writer. The second time I read it, I made over $1,000 in a week. I'm laughing for a much better reason now."
- Grady Smith
"I loved your book The Copywriter's Handbook. It has sincerely helped me in my business and is worth every penny I spent on it!"
- Brian Maquire, Portland, OR
"Had I not discovered your Secrets of a Freelance Writer and The Copywriter's Handbook, I would still be a frustrated, unfulfilled hack. Thank you for saving me from that! I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with the rest of us and allowing us to take a piece of the pie. I already love this new career that I never would have discovered without your guidance. Thanks."
- Elizabeth Hanes
"I wanted to thank you for The Copywriter's Handbook and Secrets of a Freelance Writer. Both books are informative and inspirational."
- Ken Harrison
"I have read your books Selling Your Services and The Six Figure Consultant and I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge you have shared in both of these publications."
- Leah Beth Mills, Farmingville, NY
"Thanks a million for my life!"
- Alan Zoldan
"Your books The Copywriter's Handbook and Secrets of a Freelance Writer helped me start work as a freelancer. I can't tell you how many times those books saved my skin and got me confidently through unfamiliar materials. I am very grateful for your expertise and generosity."
- Lorraine Thompson
"One of the best copywriters in the business."
--Michael Meanwell, author, The Wealthy Writer
"Bob Bly is one of the most successful copywriters in the world. I've used his services and purchased a lot of his materials -- and always profited from both."
--Bob Serling, President, Idea Quotient
"Considered one of the best copywriters in the country."
--David E. Wright, President, International Speakers Network
"There's no better copywriter than Robert W. Bly, the man I call the 'King of Copy.' He can teach you more about the art and science of marketing than anyone I know."
--Richard Dean Starr
"20 years ago, when Bob Bly starting teaching copywriting, the field was deeply shrouded in mystery. Now, thanks to Bob, learning copywriting, though still a tricky proposition, is much easier."
"For over 25 years, Bob Bly has set the gold standard in results-oriented business-to-business writing."
--Roger C. Parker, author, Looking Good in Print
"When it comes to educating his fellow copywriters and marketers, Bob Bly is the master."
— Murray Raphel, Raphel Marketing
— Markus Allen, Publisher
"There is no greater authority on business-to-business direct response copywriting then Bob Bly. What impresses me most about Bob Bly is his knack for making things clear and simple."
"Bob Bly is among the most accomplished self-employed copywriters in recent years."
-- Steve Slaunwhite
"Bob Bly is probably the best business-to-business, high tech, industrial, direct marketing copywriter in the country."
-- John Clausen
"Perhaps the most famous copywriter of them all."
-- The Writer
"[A] freelance writing dynamo...."
-- Writer's Digest
"One of the great copywriters in the direct marketing industry...."
-- Ruth Stevens, author, The DMA Lead Generation Handbook
"...[a] copywriting giant..."
--Freelance Writer's Report
"Bob Bly is a human machine who has been outputting high-grade direct marketing copy for decades. I've read a few of his numerous books and have learned much from this pro."
-- Larry Chase, Web Digest For Marketers
"Renowned direct marketing practitioner and prolific author Bob Bly [is] nationally recognized for his control-beating copy. [He] knows how to write for results."
--Kansas City Direct Marketing Association
"Bob Bly is in the upper echelon of direct mail and email copywriters and he's an all-around direct marketing guru. In addition to hundreds of successful campaigns for technology clients, Bly has authored or co-authored more then 50 books."
--Bruce Hadley, softwareceo.com
"Bly is probably one of the world's most famous and experienced copywriters. He is also a noted authority on the creation of online copy and online trends."
--The Compulsive Reader
"Bob Bly is a world-class copywriter."
"I've known Bob for a long time. His stuff is terrific."
--Johne Forde, Copywriter's Roundtable
"Bob Bly [is] a prolific advertising genius."
--Joe Vitale, "Mr. Fire"
"Thanks for all. You are just a pleasure to work with -- my top choice copywriter. I always learn so much when we do stuff as a team."
--Lori Haller, Shadow Oak Studio
"Brilliant job Bob! You are a master at persuasion!"
--James Trippon, China Stock Digest
"Bob, you did a professional job on the McMaster Online rewrite. The changes you made fit nicely into the sales piece, and your bonus idea was brilliant. The results were outstanding, and we hit our marketing target."
--R.E. McMaster, McMaster Online
"Bob's copy is powerful, and it makes me want to buy the book. Putting all the words in Marty's mouth is perfect, and allows all kinds of outrageous statements to roll forth without a blush. I think Bob's done a terrific job."
"Bob, let me take a moment to thank you for the top quality work and inspirations you've shared with us this year. You've been a key part of our team and I'm looking forward to 2007!"
--Lauryn Franzoni, ExecuNet
"This is an impressive job. These e-mails are very persuasive and I like the natural flow - it's effortless to read them from top to bottom."
--President, SafeApp Software, LLC
"As a result of my association with Bob Bly I've put well over $27,000 in my pocket this year. I expect this to be 30% of what we'll make together next year. Thanks Bob!"
--Fred Gleeck, www.fredgleeck.com